Structural B-Class & Laneway Hoardings
Structural B-Class hoardings can be designed and built to suit any site requirements. No protective overhead hoarding is too complex for our team.
Structural B-Class hoardings are custom-designed structural steel installations that can be built to suit all site conditions and requirements. These structures can be built over footpaths, to span over roadways or built within sites. The secure structure above the footpath or laneway can be used to house site sheds, store plant and equipment and accommodate scaffolding, mast climbers or swinging stages (subject to authority approval). They can be designed for any capacity with the standard being 10 KpA (1 ton per m2). We have designed and built structural hoardings that carry fully operational cranes, some that have spanned over multi-lane motorways and others that supported multiple mast climbers reaching 65 floors.
If your project involves the installation of a hoarding over a roadway, please note that roads must be closed in order to erect the hoarding structure and council approval for road closures can take up to three months depending on the approval process and Council. In our experience Councils do not make exceptions to expedite this process.
Benefits of Structural B-Class hoardings:
- Custom designed and built to suit exact specifications of every site.
- Can be designed and built to carry almost any load.
- Self-supporting structure.
- Suitable for large scale construction projects.
- Deck widths are fully customisable to your requirements.
- Signed off by an engineer to ensure compliance with relevant codes and Australian standards.
- A plywood faced site side fence can be incorporated onto the structure to secure the works area.
- Higher cost due to the complex, customised nature
- Footpath widths.
- Engineering restrictions.
- Counterweights and column spacings. Some councils will limit the spacings between the support columns and number and location of counterweights.
Castlereagh Street (Rolex building)
We were engaged by our client to provide an overhead protective structure to 3 frontages of a tenanted building, to allow them to undertake works to the facade of the building and internal works on higher floors. The tenant also had specific requirements in relation to keeping windows clear of obstructions from both columns and the working deck above.
One frontage also required the structure to span over a roadway and avoid car park entrances. Due to all these factors and the overall aesthetic required, a custom-built structural hoarding was the solutions to keep all stakeholders satisfied.
GET A QUOTE
We’re here to help with all your hoarding requirements.
Please use the form below to request a quote or call us on 0288112900 to speak to a member of our team.